Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree / Master of Computational Science and Engineering (MCSE) Degree
Program Learning Outcomes for the MCSE Degree
Upon completing the MCSE degree, students will be able to:
- Acquire broad, advanced knowledge in modern computational techniques.
- Possess skills to identify, formulate, and solve advance technical problems related to one of the three focus areas.
- Communicate technical ideas effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes for the MBA Degree Programs
Upon completing the MBA degree programs, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of the foundational frameworks and tools of all business disciplines, including accounting, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, and strategic management.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement complex business strategies and operational solutions holistically, integrating management principles across the functional areas.
- Function effectively in a team setting both as a leader and a contributor.
Requirements for the MBA/MCSE Coordinated Degree Program
Students may earn this non-thesis Master of Engineering degree in the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Nanoengineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Coordinated degree candidates can fulfill requirements for both degrees in 2 academic years.
For the coordinated MBA/Master of Engineering degree, students must complete:
- A minimum of 2 academic years in residence at Rice
- A minimum of 69 semester hours in approved coursework, including:
- A minimum of 24 credit hours in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 45 credit hours in business
- At minimum of 6 credit hours of the 45 credit hours in business must also meet the requirements towards the Master of Engineering degree and will be counted towards both degrees.
Students plan their course schedules in consultation with the engineering department in which they are enrolled and with the Jones Graduate School of Business Registrar Department.
Policies for the MBA/MCSE Coordinated Degree Program
For additional information on these two degrees: