Regulations and Procedures for Diploma Programs
University Graduation Requirements for Diploma Programs
Diploma programs at Rice are post-master's degree academic credential programs. At present there are two diploma programs: the Artist Diploma offered by the Shepherd School of Music, and the Diploma in Liberal Studies offered by the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies. Declared Diploma Candidates in these programs may be awarded this academic credential after completing:
- A minimum of 30 graduate semester credit hours of coursework taken at the 500-level or above.
- A minimum of 24 credit hours must be taken at Rice University.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.67.*
- A minimum GPA of 2.67 in required coursework.*
- A minimum residency enrollment of one fall or spring semester of full-time graduate study at Rice University.
- All courses taken must be in the relevant field.
*Note: Departments or programs can identify and define stricter standards than the minimum GPA in their General Announcements Requirements tab.
There are other additional requirements, regulations and procedures for all graduate programs. They are found under Graduate Students > Academic Policies and Procedures > All Graduate Students, or can be accessed directly here.