Regulations and Procedures for Diploma Programs
University Graduation Requirements for Diploma Programs
Diploma programs at Rice are post-master's degree academic credential programs. At present there are two diploma programs: the Artist Diploma offered by the Shepherd School of Music, and the Diploma in Liberal Studies offered by the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies. Declared Diploma Candidates in these programs may be awarded this academic credential after completing:
- A minimum of 30 graduate semester credit hours of coursework taken at the 500-level or above.
- A minimum of 24 graduate semester credit hours must be taken at Rice University.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.67 or higher in all Rice coursework.
- A minimum GPA of 2.67 or higher in all Rice coursework that satisfies requirements for the diploma program.*
- A minimum residency enrollment of one fall or spring semester of part-time graduate study at Rice University. Some diploma programs may require full-time residency or additional semesters of residency.
- All courses taken must be in the relevant field.
*Note: Departments or programs may identify and define in their program's General Announcements Requirements tab stricter standards than the minimum GPA for coursework that satisfies their academic program requirements.
There are other additional requirements, regulations and procedures for all graduate programs. They are found under Graduate Students > Academic Policies and Procedures > All Graduate Students, or can be accessed directly here.